SUBSTANCE ABUSE CASE MANAGER
The position of Substance abuse Case Manager at Livingston County Catholic Charities will be vacant after November 16, 2018 and is available for application, with a desire to fill quickly.
The Substance Abuse Case Manager provides information, referral, and advocacy services to persons with substance abuse issues (regardless of race, religion, income) within Livingston County. Services are provided to assist the client to function independently while maintaining their sobriety and dignity. A priority is placed upon serving those persons who are socially or geographically isolated, economically disadvantaged, and/or has medical needs. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Leads substance abuse engagement groups with support of peer recovery specialists.
· Gathers client intake information and facilitates client entry into LCCC services and programs. Completes all required information in EMR in a timely and thorough manner.
· Is able to quickly build rapport with clients and acts as client advocate. Makes referrals to other community agencies and programs as needed.
· Has good understanding of essential elements of substance abuse recovery, co-occurring disorders, motivational interviewing, and stages of change.
· Maintains high quality of work, client confidentiality, and demonstrates good working relationships with coworkers and immediate supervisor.
· Represent the agency, particularly the clinical services, within the community. This includes referral sources, court/legal system, purchasers of service and other organizations as may be indicated.
A bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or other human services discipline is required, master’s degree preferred. The candidate will have demonstrated understanding of the needs of those with substance abuse issues (familial, social, health) and awareness of special issues that may arise as part of the recovery process. A minimum of one year experience in a human service setting is required. The Substance Abuse Case Manager reports directly to the Clinical Director.
As a full-time (40+ hours) salaried position, this position is eligible for all agency provided benefits as described within the Employee Policy and Procedure Manual.
Please apply in writing to John Furey, Clinical Director, by Monday, November 12, 2018. Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org