Residential Children’s Home Night Monitor – Direct Link: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2030875
For 70 years, St. Vincent Catholic Charities (STVCC) has worked to provide help and create hope for the most vulnerable members of the Greater Lansing community. One of the largest human services agencies in the area, STVCC is the charitable arm of the Diocese of Lansing, serving children and families in crisis through adoption, foster care, refugee resettlement, immigration legal and counseling services as well as through a therapeutic Children's Home for children who have experienced severe abuse and neglect. CATEGORYDirect Care CLOSE DATE
Provides the children in the Residential Treatment Programs direct care support and counseling based on the asset building treatment plans developed by the therapist and treatment team. Assures that a positive, non-coercive, non-punitive and strength-based therapeutic milieu is maintained so all children are treated with dignity and respect and are able to progress towards being safe and thriving physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
• Insures that all residents are closely monitored and supervised at all times on and off grounds.
• Regularly familiarizes self with information pertaining to the youth, unit dynamics and activities by reading files, logs, hall calendar, etc.
• Participates in planning and implementing the activities of the living units and individual resident.
• Provides oversight of family visits, tutor/mentor meetings, spiritual programming or worship services and other visits as indicated by the therapist, individual treatment plan or program procedures.
• Insures that all specific duties unique to each work shift are completed (e.g. groups, laundry, meal duties, etc.).
• Completes all required paperwork with clarity, in a timely manner and in line with program policies and procedures including resident logs and incident reports.
• Dispenses medications as directed by medical personnel and according to agency policies and procedures.
• Regularly transports clients for medical appointments, recreation outings and other appointments or activities.
• Attends all required supervision appointments, team meetings, trainings and other meetings.
• Effectively follows the procedures outlined in the Residential Staff Manual.
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPTNon-Exempt FULL-TIME/PART-TIMEFull-Time and/or Part-Time HOURS
LOCATIONSt. Vincent Catholic Charities - Lansing OPEN DATE10/19/2018 POSITION REQUIREMENTS
High school graduate or GED required, Bachelor degree in human service field preferred. Experience and strong desire to work with emotionally impaired youth ages 5-17 helpful. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Mobility and capacity to manage a violent and/or self-abusive child when restraint is required to assure safety.
• Ability to stand and/or walk up to 8 hours per shift. Work involves talking, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, kneeling, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• May be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 50 pounds. Driving as needed throughout the day.
• Ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal for extended periods of time.
• Noise in the work environment is usually moderately quiet but can be very loud at times.
• Work in an environment with various degrees of discomfort.
• Emotionally able to work with information that may be traumatic in nature, as well as, work with individuals or families in crisis or experiencing trauma.
POST INTERNAL DAYS0 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
SALARY RANGE$10.25/hour (raise at 6 months and annual raises thereafter according to the CBA) SHIFTRotating Days and Evenings EOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. FULL JOB DESCRIPTIONYouth Advocate I(2).docx
BENEFITS INFORMATIONNone Specified