Hands Across The Water
Title: Development Associate
Apply To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Business, Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications or related field plus 2 years of experience in a non-profit profit organization is required. Demonstrated experience in grant writing, event planning, marketing, program evaluation and/or fundraising preferred.
The Development Associate shall possess outstanding written and oral communication skills, the ability to craft proposals and reports that are clear, compelling, and persuasive, a keen eye for detail and project management, excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills, the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of staff members, community partners, potential donors and clients alike, and the capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments, often with competing deadlines. The ideal candidate will becomputer literate and technologically saavy with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point). Experience in web development, social media marketing and graphic design a plus.
Candidate may not have been convicted of child abuse or neglect, be listed on a central registry as a perpetrator of child abuse or neglect, or of a felony involving harm or threatened harm to an individual, within the 10 years immediately preceding the date of hire.
Hands Across The Water does not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, or a matter directly or indirectly related to employment, because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political beliefs or mental or physical disability.
Salary: According to the current salary schedule
The Development Associate provides support to the Executive Director in developing and executing a fundraising plan/strategy to support the agency’s Mission and strategic goals; including grant seeking and writing, marketing, event planning, and identifying opportunities for individual or corporate donations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Create and monitor execution of agency fundraising plan
2. Seek/solicit grant opportunities, including writing grant proposals in collaboration with the Executive Director.
3. Provide support in managing funded grant projects, including required reports to funder, evaluation of grant projects where applicable
4. Create/update publications and promotional materials
5. Design and create agency annual report
6. Help to identify individual and corporate donors aligned with mission, assist with developing strategy to ask for support
7. Seek creative funding streams, opportunities to meet agency fundraising goals
8. Assist in the re-design of website, including content updates
9. Management of Google Adwords grant
10. Manage execution of agency fundraising activities and/or events (i.e. Giving Tuesday campaign, annual fund campaigns, anniversary event)
The Development Associate is directly accountable to the Executive Director.